/* News Ticker Head info ------------------------------------------------ */

Monday, October 27, 2003

Summer's Over

I know, it has been over for a few weeks now, but when the last pitch of the baseball season is thrown, it certainly reinforces the coming of FallWinter. The leaves on the trees in my yard are turning "colors" and falling to the ground, and into my gutters. None of our trees are pretty in the fall. They are relatively prolific though.

The local municipal campaigns are in that last week process of simultaneously heating up and winding down. I'll be very glad when this cycle is behind us.

Holiday season will be upon us before we know it. After we get back from Charleston, I'll have one full week of work between now and the end of the year. The rest of the time, with remaining days off (yes, I'm going to take them) and holidays...well, four day weeks will be the norm.

I hate the short days of late-Fall, early-Winter, but I don't mind the weather. If it is going to be cold, it might as well snow.

Of course, as another year draws to a close, we are all called to reevaluate where we are, where we are going, and how it is we are getting there. Lots of time coming up for good food, good fellowship, good coffee, and good books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home