/* News Ticker Head info ------------------------------------------------ */

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Four Month Sabatical

Been away from the blogging for four months. FOUR. That's a bit hard to believe. Lots to post, I think. I have pages upon pages of material from my Old Testament and Trinity classes, but I'm not sure how much of such things are worthwhile to post. I'm a little conflicted about that. My work-product from the last several months isn't useful for posting on a blog? It isn't that the knowledge isn't good...

A little fiction has been dribbling out, here and there. It is all in long-hand though, and unprintable at this point. We are heading to Michigan with Matt and Kathy next week. I'm hoping to find some inspiration to work on one of the three projects I have actively been turning over in my mind: Novel #2, the pulling together of the "Strawberries and Salvation" short story, and the continuing of the short story I started a couple weeks ago.

I pulled out novel #1. Over ten years I've been picking away at that scab. I re-read the first chapter and realized I had put in a whole new beginning last year, which I promptly forgot about. Re-reading it made it seem like a much better start. I think I'll keep it.

Novel #2 is more defined for me right now, though. I have several pages of outline that I haven't written text for yet, so I want to get back to it. It has had time to sit and mature like a fine wine. Or, lose it's fizz like a two-liter of RC Cola.

Sometimes, I wish I had someone paying me to write, because if I don't have a deadline (either a scholastic one, or a work-related one) I don't do it.

Of course, that's probably what seperates writers (real ones) from us wannabees.

2 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure Cami could set up some kind of reward system to inspire you to complete your self-imposed writing deadlines. Of course, if you missed a deadline, she would have to punish you....which may lead to Novel #3. ;-) SH

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo.
hey i'm glad to see you're up and running again...yes i have you book marked and yes, check in about weekly.

i've had a friend going throuh the writing thing, but his 2 years of work has paid off - a publishing advance and a book deal. NOW he feels the PAIN of a real deadline and wishes he, of course, could go back to the way things were - when he just dreamed about it.

i think you writers are a lot us musicians - must more organized and well groomed.

d

 

Post a Comment

<< Home