/* News Ticker Head info ------------------------------------------------ */

Monday, March 21, 2005

Anonymous?

The world of blogs is an interesting one. The comment below from someone who wants to debate or throw stones without a name attached, surfing around to random blogs, leaving vaguely insulting comments in the comments sections.

It's all well and good, I suppose. And it is obvious that if nothing else, the Terri Schiavo case is exposing a raw nerve in our culture.

A quick google of "Terri Schiavo" shows over one million internet sites that contain those words, and over two hundred thousand with the words "Terri Schiavo Blog".

Reading the comments of some of the blogs that have been completely dedicated to the case shows how concerned the agents of death are about this case. Death is a sacrament to them, so they should be concerned. Their words are instructive.

I can only imagine that Terri's parents have received some of the same "just let her die" emails that show up as comments on some of these lists. They would be humorous if they weren't serious.

In my little corner of the world, I get - maybe - a handfull of visitors in a given month. I don't think it coincidence that an anonymous poster would come by and question my "facts" when it comes to Terri. Obviously, someone is out surfing for a fight, and rather than do so constructively, basically did nothing but waste bandwidth. If I have a "fact" wrong, then show me where, don't just write "The writer should get facts straight. I would remind the writer that you could go to hell for lying the same as stealing." I have no desire to lie about anything on this blog.

Oh. And my name is Eric, not "writer". I've not attempted to be anonymous with this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home